[squid-users] header_access & logging problem

From: Michael Burns <almecho_at_bigpond.com>
Date: Thu, 15 Jan 2009 10:58:41 +1000

Hi,

I've been delving in to the depths of squid and I've got a problem I'm not
sure how to resolve.

I'm using squid as an accelerating proxy in front of a web server and I have
a script running on the web server that sends a custom header "Custom:
somedata" as part of the http response, and then squid logs the "somedata"
header value in the access.log file.

The problem I have is that I only want to log it and not actually pass it
through to the client browser (it's for log file analysis only) but when I
user "header_access Custom deny all" to prevent the header being passed back
to the client it also then no longer logs it in the access.log.

Is there any way I can prevent the header being sent to the client but still
be able to log the value contained in it?

Thanks