Re: [squid-users] squid cache URL as case-sensitive

From: Amos Jeffries <squid3_at_treenet.co.nz>
Date: Fri, 16 Jan 2009 15:55:34 +1300

Atef Alqashqish wrote:
> Thank you
>
> Atef A. M. AlQashqish
> Operation Manager / MCSE, MCT, ITIL Certified Service Manager

RFC 2396 (web URL syntax) only defines the protocol and domain sections
as case-insensitive. Leaving the path and query sections up to the
filing system of the storage web server.

RFC 3986 (generic URI syntax) defines the "http://example.com" part of
URI as case-insensitive and explicitly states
   "The other generic syntax
    components are assumed to be case-sensitive unless specifically
    defined otherwise by the scheme"

This is one of the known bugs in Windows filesystem compatibility with
the rest of the world.

Amos

--
Please be using