[squid-users] Problems with squidclient

From: Andreev Nikita <nik_at_kemsu.ru>
Date: Fri, 16 Jan 2009 11:52:24 +0700

Hi.

I'm trying to get basic squid info by issuing 'squidclient -p 8080
mgr:info'. Port 8080 is where our squid is listening to connections.
All clients works fine through the squid. But squidclient return http
response (lets say mydomain.com is my domain):

ERROR

While trying to retrieve the URL:
cache_object://localhost.mydomain.com/info

The following error was encountered:
Access Denied.

Access control configuration prevents your request from
being allowed at this time. Please contact your service provider if
you feel this is incorrect.

Your cache administrator is root_at_mydomain.com.

Here are the squid access directives:

http_access allow manager localhost
http_access deny manager
http_access deny !Safe_ports
http_access deny CONNECT !SSL_ports
http_access deny pubrooms pubrooms_ext
http_access allow localhost
http_access allow our_networks
http_access deny all

Here is the debug info:

2009/01/16 11:00:35| The request GET cache_object://localhost/info is ALLOWED, because it matched 'localhost'

2009/01/16 11:00:35| CACHEMGR: <unknown>@127.0.0.1 requesting 'info'

2009/01/16 11:00:35| The reply for GET
cache_object://localhost.mydomain.com/info is DENIED, because it matched 'all'

2009/01/16 11:00:35| The reply for GET
cache_object://localhost.mydomain.com/info is ALLOWED, because it matched 'all'

This debug output is absolutely unclear for me. Why does the same link
hit the same acl with different results (deny and allow). Why are
there two different links? And finally. Why it doesn't work?

Regards,
LPIC-1, EMCPA
Nikita Andreev