[squid-users] How to know which rule matches

Date: Sat, 17 Jan 2009 13:34:06 +0530

Hi all,

recently i started using Shallas blacklists to filter traffic on my network.
As you know this list is huge (~17Mb bzipped).
So heres my problem, when i try to access www.amazonaws.com, squid effective
blocks it. I have been trying to figure out which rule it matches against so
that i can remove/modify it, but all in vain.

Earlier i tried by specifying debug levels in squid configuration, but as the
blacklist is huge, there are too many things getting printed which is making
it really difficult and time consuming.

I would like to know if there is a way that i can effectively detect the
matching rule thats causing issues and quickly fix it.

Please comment

Regards
~Sameer