[squid-users] TR: Squid 2.6 STABLE 6 : SubDirectory trailing slash v2

From: François-Xavier VIOLET <fxviolet_at_ciril.net>
Date: Mon, 19 Jan 2009 10:52:57 +0100

Hi, all,

I'm trying squid as a reverse proxy for a web application.

I have a problem when my URL is not ending with a trailing slash.

For example :

http://ip-proxy/test/ => OK
http://ip-proxy/test => KO, Problem

if I send the request directly to the IIS server we have :
http://ip-iis/test/ => OK
http://ip-iis/test => OK

This problem is the same with IIS or Apache.

I looked with Wireshark in the proxy in order to understand the problem.

I see that if we send the request http://ip-iis/test to the web server, the web server reply with a 301 error and tell to the web browser the good location in the error message (location : http://ip-iss/test/) . When the web-browser have receive the error message, he retry to contact the web server with the good URL and it's work.

When the proxy is between the web browser and the web server, the web browser tell http://ip-proxy/test and the proxy modify the request in http://ip-iis/test.
But when the IIS reply with the error message, the proxy forward the reply to the web browser, but he forward the message with a bad location for the web browser. The location in the error message is : http://ip-iis/test/ , but it's not possible for the web browser to contact directly the web server.

I hope that my problem is correctly describe.

What can I do in squid.conf to correct this problem.

Best regards.

FX