[squid-users] squidtools "rewriter" and substistution support

From: Adrian Chadd <adrian_at_squid-cache.org>
Date: Tue, 20 Jan 2009 19:26:03 -0500

hi everyone,

Someone posted a request here a few days ago for how to convince
"squirm" to use parts of a regular expression match in a rewritten
URL. This isn't a new request, and I've done it a bunch of times in my
own rewriters, but I figured I should get around to doing it in a
generic way so I don't have to keep re-inventing the wheel.

So now my rewriter supports using matches in the rewritten URL. This
means a rule as such

http://www.foo.com/(.*)$ http://bar.com/$1

.. will work.

I'm currently in the process of rewriting some of my Youtube rules to
use my URL rewriter now instead of a custom bit of perl code.

Hopefully having this simple rewriter out there will tease a few of
you to start using it and sharing configuration file snippets, which
is a whole lot easier than trying to share rewriter code. :)

Have fun,

Adrian
(http://code.google.com/p/squidtools/)