[squid-users] Email Setup for Newbie

From: nathankaa <nathan_at_pinnacleit.co.nz>
Date: Wed, 21 Jan 2009 14:17:13 -0800 (PST)

Hi, I'm a technician who has been asked to come in to a school who's previous
technician has left them. I have no experience in Squid, but have used other
Linux web proxy software.

Users are able to access internet by entering username and password when
prompted. They are using Thunderbird for email and can send emails. However
when they try to download emails from the proxy server they are prompted for
a password. When they enter their password they receive the reply "PAM
authentication failed for user <username>. Permission denied (6)"

Any suggested steps to troubleshoot this would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks

Nathan