Re: [squid-users] Squid cache problem

From: Amos Jeffries <squid3_at_treenet.co.nz>
Date: Fri, 23 Jan 2009 18:27:52 +1300

George wrote:
> Hi,
>
> I've set up the following acls/outgoing_ip settings in my squid:
> acl ip1 myip 1.1.1.1
> tcp_outgoing_address 1.1.1.1 ip1
>
> for each IP I have on the server. I need this to be able to use each
> IP of the server as the outbound one.
>
> The problem is that if I use IP 1.1.1.1 then I can't switch to IP
> 1.1.1.2 without restarting squid or without waiting about 10-20
> minutes. It is caching.
>
> How can I disable this caching?
>
> I've put: cache_dir null /null
> but it does not help solve my IP caching problem.
>
> How can I disable the squid caching completly?
>
> I have squid-3.0.STABLE7-2 running on CentOS 4
>
> Thanks

Squid receiving IP (myip) and sending IP (tcp_outgoing_address) are
re-evaluated for every single outgoing connection. There is no caching
of IPs involved.

Perhapse you have a 10-20 minute cycle on DNS IPs which your browser is
using to connect to Squid with.

Perhapse you have persistent connections in use, which may cause a
particular link to or from Squid to be re-used for different requests.

Perhapse what you are tying to do is not good network engineering.
Why is it so very important to you that in/out IPs are forcibly linked?

Amos

--
Please be using
   Current Beta Squid 3.1.0.3