[squid-users] Reverse proxy with squid performing authentication?

From: User Generic <genericuser59_at_yahoo.com>
Date: Tue, 27 Jan 2009 12:37:43 -0800 (PST)

We have an embedded appliance that serves content via http only and doesn't support any form of authentication.

The content that is published is used during confidential, restricted access, presentations. As such, the appliance itself isn't very good for our intended purposes.

We would like to put a reverse proxy in front of it, with the proxy server performing the authentication prior to tunneling the content to the end users.

Is this possible?

I have the reverse proxy (v2.6) working with transparent mode, but authentication doesn't appear to be possible with transparent mode on, and turning off transparent mode results in errors.

Thanks in advance!
Rob