Re: [squid-users] SCAVR problems

From: Chris Robertson <crobertson_at_gci.net>
Date: Thu, 29 Jan 2009 12:11:11 -0900

polloxx wrote:
> Thanks for your answer Chris.
> I had to use the syntax like:
> su -c "/usr/local/bin/SquidClamAV_Redirector.py -c
> /etc/squid/SquidClamAV_Redirector.conf" proxy
>
> Than I saw that I was missing libclamav2.
> After installing this libary squid didn't crash anymore, but does
> nothing at all.

Squid does nothing at all? What does the cache.log show now?

> doing
> su -c "/usr/local/bin/SquidClamAV_Redirector.py -c
> /etc/squid/SquidClamAV_Redirector.conf" proxy
> results in a waiting cursor, until I press ctrl-C.
> Any ideas?

My guess would be that it's waiting for an input URL. As far as I
understand, this python script downloads the object referenced by the
URL,sends the object to ClamAV to scan it and outputs the original URL
if there is no virus found.

> Thank you,
> P.

Chris