[squid-users] How does squid handle the case where a client closes connection before getting a response

From: Xiaoning Ding <dingxn_at_ymail.com>
Date: Fri, 30 Jan 2009 13:39:22 -0800 (PST)

Hi,

I wonder what squid will do if a client close its connections to squid before it gets any responses. Specifically, a client (A) sends a request to the squid (S), and the squid forwards the request to original server (O). Then the client closes its connection to the squid. In such case, if the squid gets some responses from the original server, how does it handle the requests? I guess squid will discard the responses, right?

Can anybody point me to the squid code that handle this situation?

Thanks!

Xiaoning