[squid-users] Reverse proxy: http to https and certificate authentication

Date: Sat, 31 Jan 2009 10:31:05 +0100

Hi all,

I have a soap client using python ZSI, the other end is oracle soa
10.1.3.1.0 all works fine since some months. The last week oracle soa
was configured to accept client certificate authentication over https.
If I try to use the standard python httplib.HTTPSConnection library it
fails with the infamous "bad record mac" error and so also ZSI that use
httplib. Other java tools such as soapui works just fine with oracle
soa.

Can squid do the hard work for me in the following configuration?

ZSI soap client -> squid proxy over http -> oracle soa https

however squid could be authenticate to oracle soa loading the cert file
and the cert key from a local file.

So I would like to send my soap request to squid over http and squid
could connect to oracle soa over https presenting its own client
certificate (not send from my application but load from local file).

Is this configuration possible?

thanks
Nicola