Re: [squid-users] Reverse proxy: http to https and certificate authentication

Date: Sun, 01 Feb 2009 10:02:30 +0100

Il giorno dom, 01/02/2009 alle 21.56 +1300, Amos Jeffries ha scritto:
> Mailing List SVR wrote:

> >> Yes Squid can certainly act as a HTTP->HTTPS proxy for you.
> >> Just configure a normal cache_peer pointing at oracle to using SSL,
> >> http://www.squid-cache.org/Doc/config/cache_peer/
> >> and configure ZSI to connect to the Squid HTTP port without SSL.
> >
> > thanks but squid need to present a client certificate to authenticate
> > against oracle, cache peer seems lack directive to specify certificate,
> >

> Look again:
> ssl
> sslcert=/path/to/ssl/certificate
> sslkey=/path/to/ssl/key
> sslversion=1|2|3|4
> sslcipher=...
> ssloptions=...

You are right but I'm ot a squid expert so I need some more directions
please.

I added this line to squid.conf

cache_peer <oraclesoahostname> parent 443 0 no-query no-digest
no-netdb-exchange proxy-only default ssl
sslcert=/etc/squid/cert/clients1.crt sslkey=/etc/squid/cert/clients1.key
sslversion=1

<oraclesoahostanme> is in my hosts file,

now how squid redirect the request to <oraclesoahostname> and how I can
connect to squid? On standard 3128 port (for example wget
http://<squidip>:squidport/<what here?>>) or I have to use it as http
proxy (export HTTP_PROXY=...)?

thanks for your patience,

Nicola