RE: [squid-users] ignore question mark in url

From: Elli Albek <elli_at_sustainlane.com>
Date: Sun, 1 Feb 2009 18:37:47 -0800

So lets say you have an origin server that is smart enough to redirect to
the correct URL always.

For example, identical pages:
1. mydomain.com/blah?a=b&c=d
2. mydomain.com/blah?a=b&c=d&button.x=10
3. mydomain.com/blah?c=d&a=b

Are all the same page, but the "correct" URL is 1.

The origin server redirects URLs 2 and 3 to URL 1 using HTTP 301 response.

Then it should be fairly safe to use the entire URL with the query string as
a cache key. When users access URL 2 a few times, then quid can go to the
origin server only once, and afterwards return 301 response from cache.

Is this a good assumption?

Do I need to add Expires header and max-age to the 301 response to make this
work?