[squid-users] Squid auth user by one time password over his IP (like hotspot)

From: Daniel Kühl <dklima_at_gmail.com>
Date: Tue, 3 Feb 2009 01:56:04 -0200

Hello!

I'm wondering if I can do something on squid that is like a hotspot, I
mean, an user try to access web, then is presented with a webpage to
authenticate himself, after that the IP address from user will be
valid over 3 hours, in this mean time user won't be asked by it's
password again, even closing his browser nor restarting his computer,
but if for some reason his IP address change, it will be asked for his
password and of course, if it "session" of 3 hours expire.

I'm not sure if I was clear, any questions I'll try explain better.

thanks in advance!

Daniel Kühl Lima