[squid-users] WWW-Authenticate header field

From: bijayant kumar <bijayant4u_at_yahoo.com>
Date: Mon, 2 Feb 2009 23:47:18 -0800 (PST)

Hello list,

We have a local webserver running in our LAN and it is configured to ask username and password to access. When I am configuring my IE to go use squid then its giving me a error like

You are not authorized to view this page

You do not have permission to view this directory or page using the credentials that you supplied because your Web browser is sending a WWW-Authenticate header field that the Web server is not configured to accept.
HTTP Error 401.2 - Unauthorized: Access is denied due to server configuration.

But when I am not using squid as a proxy ie accessing directly, its opening fine.
I am using SQUID 2.6.STABLE13.

Is anything wrong with the squid configuration/compilation or I have to change anything in the webserver. Please help me.

Bijayant Kumar Get your preferred Email name! Now you can @ymail.com and @rocketmail.com. http://mail.promotions.yahoo.com/newdomains/aa/