[squid-users] Help with Basic Config Please.

From: Toggee <andrew_taggart_at_yahoo.co.uk>
Date: Tue, 3 Feb 2009 04:06:10 -0800 (PST)

Hi,

I have managed to install Squid on my Synology CS407 server which sits
behind a Netgear Router.

I am trying to configure it so a friend of mine who is about to work abroad
can use the Proxy to get a UK IP enabling him to catch up on UK TV using BBC
Iplayer etc.

I have it working from inside my network but not from outside?

Can someone post a basic Conf file to enable me to add my proxy settings
into Firefox enabling him to get my UK IP?

I don't need any fancy stuff, not sure I even need it to cache but I will
need to add some kind of Authentication to stop anyone using it.

If anyone help with that I would be really gratefull.

Thanks,

A Complete novice!