RE: [squid-users] Certain applications when using NTLM auth

From: James Zuelow <James_Zuelow_at_ci.juneau.ak.us>
Date: Tue, 3 Feb 2009 09:36:33 -0900

Hmm. So if I understand what's going on correctly -- a normal user can authenticate through the proxy, either automatically with IE or Firefox on a Windows box, or else by providing a username/password for something like Firefox on a Linux box. Correct? If so, then the apt.conf entry should be working.

It is easy to get strange results if the access rules are out of order.

Can you sanitize your rules and post them? And the apt.conf file as well?