[squid-users] reducing access.log to !200 messages

From: Woodward, Andrew <andreww_at_telenav.com>
Date: Wed, 4 Feb 2009 12:32:17 -0800

Hi group,

I'd like to reduce the amount of information being set to access.log so
that only requests that's come back !200 are logged. I figure that I can
use:

acl HTTPnot200 http_status !200
access_log /usr/local/squid/var/logs/access.log squid HTTPnot200
access_log none

However, in the log_access directive description it notes " Requests
denied for logging will also not be accounted for in performance
counters."

Would this be the case in this configuration? If this will impact the
counters then is there another method to prevent this impact but still
reduce the items logged?

Andrew Woodward