[squid-users] Restricting access by user by time

From: jjrowan <squid_user_at_rownetco.com>
Date: Wed, 04 Feb 2009 21:32:30 -0500

A customer has a problematic employee that spends excessive time on
Facebook, Myspace and FoxSports. They are willing to let him access
these sites before and after work and during lunch but during office
hours they want him and others restricted from these sites. I found
examples but they either entirely block access or nothing, they don't do
anything based on time. I want to allow the user to get to the sites on
their time but restrict them during work. I don't know why these don't
work.
acl baduser src 192.168.1.3
acl early time 05:00-08:29
acl morning time 08:30-11:59
acl lunch time 12:00-12:30
acl afternoon time 12:31-16:30
acl afterwork time 16:31-23:59

acl bad_url dstdomain "/etc/squid/bad-sites.squid"

http_access allow baduser early lunch afterwork bad_url
http_access deny baduser morning bad_url
http_access deny baduser afternoon bad_url

Contents of /etc/squid/bad-sites.squid
.myspace.com
.facebook.com
.foxsports.com