Re: [squid-users] bind socket

From: Amos Jeffries <squid3_at_treenet.co.nz>
Date: Fri, 06 Feb 2009 23:50:16 +1300

Chris Robertson wrote:
> vivian t wrote:
>> On Wed, Feb 4, 2009 at 10:35 PM, Chris Robertson <crobertson_at_gci.net>
>> wrote:

>>> It means that Squid can't open a network socket on the IP X.X.X.X.
>>>
>>> Similar error messages from the FAQ are...
>>>
>>> http://wiki.squid-cache.org/SquidFaq/TroubleShooting#head-97c3ff164d9706d3782ea3b242b6e409ce8395f6
>>>
>>> or
>>> http://wiki.squid-cache.org/SquidFaq/TroubleShooting#head-19aa8aba19772e32d6e3f783a20b0d2be0edc6a2

Additionally in the case of TPROXY, it may mean you misusing the tproxy
flag.

A dedicated TPROXY-only receiving port is REQUIRED, and MUST have the
'tproxy' option set.

>>> Without knowing what "X.X.X.X" actually is, or seeing your
>>> squid.conf, there
>>> is a limited amount of help that can be offered.
>>>
>>> Chris
>>>

>> hello
>>
>> i configure squid with tproxy
>> X.X.X.X the ip address of client who connect to squid
>>
>> http_port 8080 tproxy
>>

> Two requests:
> 1) Please reply-all or reply only to the list.
> 2) If you are going to keep the message history in your quote, add new
> information in-line or at the bottom. Posting replies at the top makes
> the archives hard to read.
>
> Now, on to your issue... If I understand it correctly, using tproxy
> requires kernel, iptables AND Squid patches. See
> http://wiki.squid-cache.org/ConfigExamples/TPROXYPatchingCentOS for a
> general outline for Squid >3.1 or
> http://wiki.squid-cache.org/Features/Tproxy4 for upcoming tproxy4
> support in Squid 3.1.
>
> The error message you are seeing probably means that you have not
> patched your kernel. But someone else on the list might have more insight.
>
> Chris

Since vivian t first contacted the list about this I've been
investigating the current state of the three softwares involved and
updating the Features/Tproxy4 page.

The CentOS patching how-to is only applicable for older kernel or
iptables versions and we can't/don't/won't provide any support if you
have trouble.

What I'd suggest people coming at this now is to pull the official
bundles of Squid 3.1, kernel 2.6.28, and iptables 1.4.3, and follow the
instructions in the wiki feature page.
http://wiki.squid-cache.org/Features/Tproxy4

If you have any troubles with those, please first experiment to see if
you can find a solution.

PS: even this advice will likely be outdated soon as iptables advances
towards a release.

Amos

--
Please be using