[squid-users] NTLM Broken after upgrade

From: Mark Barlow <squid.users.mailing.list_at_googlemail.com>
Date: Wed, 11 Feb 2009 09:24:50 +0000

I performed an upgrade to my proxy server. It was running on Ubuntu
6.06 with Squid 2.5 stable 12 I performed an automatic upgrade to 8.02
with Squid 2.6 stable 18 (From the repositories) However the NTLM
authentication is now not working. I have checked the Samba config
and it is fine and the server can talk to my Active Directory.
However in the cache.log I am getting the message that

  Login for user xx failed due to [winbind client not authorized to
use winbindd_pam_auth_crap. Ensure permissions on
/var/run/samba/winbindd_privileged are set correctly.]

The guide I have for setting squid up with the Active Directory
mentions this and says that I need to have cache_effective_group root
in my squid.conf. This is there but it still will not authenticate.
Any ideas?

Cheers