Re: [squid-users] antivirus for squid proxy

Date: Thu, 12 Feb 2009 12:01:23 +0100 (CET)

Hi

on a private basis I ve been playing (using Squids ICAP client) with
clamav and c_icap, Avira Webgate, kav4proxy from Kaspersky.
Best results, especially against HTML / javascript threats I had with
Avira's Webgate. Worst results I had with kav4proxy.
My impression is that neither of these products can be compared to a
locally installed anti virus that also checks for the threats you (and me)
want protection against.
The only thing I can suggest you is to set up a linux test box and see for
youself.

Maybe others have different experience.

Best,
Philipp