[squid-users] Custom error page based on IP.

From: Palmer J.D.F. <J.D.F.Palmer_at_swansea.ac.uk>
Date: Thu, 12 Feb 2009 13:56:05 -0000

Hi,

Is it possible to have a custom error page that is displayed only when a
client machine tries to connect to our squid caches from outside our
subnet?

We have a lot of users & visitors that use their machines on site, but
also off site on other networks; occasionally these users try to proxy
via our cache from off site networks outside our subnet; we have acls in
place that prevent remote proxying, but as it is they just get an Access
Denied error.
If possible I'd like to replace this error with an explanation and
instructions on how to re-configure their browser.

As far as I can tell the same Access Denied error (ERR_ACCESS_DENIED) is
displayed for a multitude of reasons, hence not viable to just edit the
existing error; is it possible to have a different error just for this
scenario?

Many thanks,
Jezz Palmer.