Re: [squid-users] newbie question

From: poncenby <smythe_at_poncenby.plus.com>
Date: Sun, 15 Feb 2009 09:11:45 +0000

Thanks for your replies, however I don't think I explained what I need
very clearly as the reverse proxy seems to be concerned with enhancing
performance of a web server. I don't have a webserver, I simply want
squid to forward all requests without having to configure client proxy
settings. Static dns entries in /etc/hosts pointing to squid will be on
the client machine already, so squid needs to construct the absolute url
from the host and url fields in the http header and forward to the
origin servers.
Squid acl rules and iptables will be used so this doesn't become an open
proxy.

can this be done?

thanks again.