Re: [squid-users] Can squidclient ping or query Squid for ICAP configuration? RESPMOD REQMOQ or service vector?

From: Guy Helmer <ghelmer_at_palisadesys.com>
Date: Tue, 17 Feb 2009 12:44:15 -0600

david_at_davidwbrown.name wrote:
> Hello squid users, I have read the ICAP RFC but I cannot see a way to devise a ICAP query to the Squid server to extract ICAP information. It appears the squid 3.0.STABLE13 does not communicate with my ICAP server what-so-ever. I have run ./squid -N -X and the output shows all ICAP tags recognized including service vector points: echo, url_check, etc. This is a harsh way to test as I have to shutdown squid on my gateway just to do a test. Is there a real-time method to test Squid for ICAP communications using the squidclient? I can telnet to the ICAP server and get a response but I can't do the same connecting to squid. Please advise, David.

One thing you could do would be to enable debugging for the ICAP with
something like "debug_options 93.9" in squid.conf and then check the
cache.log to see whether squid is even trying to apply ICAP actions on
HTTP requests and responses, and whether squid is trying to contact the
ICAP server.

Hope this helps,
Guy

--