[squid-users] Delay pool aggregate is very large negative number on upload

From: Prasanna Krishnamoorthy <prasanna79_at_gmail.com>
Date: Thu, 26 Feb 2009 09:39:43 +0530

Hello List!

We have a simple scenario with a transparent squid proxy and two delay
pools, one unlimited and one limited. When a user in the limited delay
pool uploads a large file (say via Gmail) his Individual-Current pool
becomes a large negative number, and so does the Aggregate-Current
pool. This behaviour is highly offensive, since browsing "freezes" for
all users, until the delay pool Aggregate becomes positive again.

Squid Conf -

delay_pools 2

delay_class 1 2
delay_parameters 1 -1/-1  -1/-1
acl bpool-1 src "/etc/squid/bpools/bpool-1"
delay_access 1 allow bpool-1
delay_access 1 deny all

delay_class 2 2
delay_parameters 2 64000/256000  32000/64000
delay_access 2 allow all

Please let me know what information I can provide to figure this out.
It's pretty easy to reproduce for us. We are also ready to test any
patch (we use Ubuntu Hardy, Squid Cache: Version 3.0.STABLE7-1  - the
latest available in Hardy).

Thanks,
Prasanna.

--
Want to manage multiple office networks?
Want to securely connect all your locations?