[squid-users] Daily log rotate

From: Bora Özden <vbozden_at_e-kolay.net>
Date: Thu, 26 Feb 2009 09:58:25 +0200

Hi,
I would like to make the squid logs to be rotated and looking at the
/etc/logrotate.d/squid file but not sure about all the parameters (what
they mean) written there. I need then make them archived (send to a
server via ftp, have an old script doing this at the old server , will
look at it and copy it to the production one) .And also when i give the
command
squid -k rotate command to rotate the log files i get " No running copy"
, but the proxy is working and still giving service, also can see on
the tail -f access.log.

So for doing this logrotate smoothly (not to fail) i wanted also to ask
to the list.

Regards

Bora Ozden