[squid-users] mysterious crashes

From: Hoover Chan <chan_at_sacredsf.org>
Date: Thu, 26 Feb 2009 13:13:23 -0800 (PST)

Hi, I'm new to this mailing list and relatively new to managing Squid.

I'm running a Squid cache using version 2.5 and 1 Gb of RAM. I'm running into a problem where the system crashes so hard that the only way to bring it back up is to power cycle the server. Subsequent examination of the log files don't reveal any diagnostic information. The logs seem to show that the system is running just fine without incident.

Any thoughts on what to look at? It's happening at least once a week now.

Thanks in advance.

Hoover Chan chan_at_sacredsf.org
Technology Director
Schools of the Sacred Heart