Re: [squid-users] How To Make A New Squid proxy server form the existingone...

From: <jmaan_at_nits.ac.in>
Date: Fri, 27 Feb 2009 13:03:51 -0500 (EST)

This message has been scanned by IMSS NIT-Silchar

Thanks.

> jmaan_at_nits.ac.in wrote:
>> This message has been scanned by IMSS NIT-Silchar
>>
>> Dear All Squid Users/Experts,
>>
>> Let me tell you the fact that I am just monitoring the activites of
>> squid
>> proxy server, though I have not myself made it.
>>

>> I would like to know a few things, if any one of you can kindly let me
>> know what basic things one must look into to make one squid proxy server
>> ?
>
> http://wiki.squid-cache.org/SquidFaq
>

>> What are the lines that I have to check/modify in squid.conf file ?

Please give the url location of teh QUICKSTART info file ? Did u mean of
the fedora/ squid ?

> see QUICKSTART info file in your install documentation.
>

>> As of now the current df shows up the following status of the disk space
>> in my proxy server.
>>

>> [root_at_facu-pxy /]# df
>> Filesystem 1K-blocks Used Available Use% Mounted on
>> /dev/mapper/PrimaryVol-root
>> 19838052 9958860 8855192 53% /
>> /dev/mapper/PrimaryVol-home
>> 34756272 28916872 4045352 88% /home
>> /dev/mapper/PrimaryVol-var
>> 14855176 13219512 868896 94% /var
>> /dev/mapper/PrimaryVol-tmp
>> 4062912 139684 3713516 4% /tmp
>> /dev/sda1 101086 34837 61030 37% /boot
>> tmpfs 253424 12 253412 1% /dev/shm
>> [root_at_facu-pxy /]#
>>

>> As you can see the /var shows up 94% utilisation.
>>

>> From my inspection, of the /var partition, I could see that, everything
>> is
>> fine, and the logs are routinely deleted from the system in a particular
>> order as cron jobs.
>>
>> Please let me know.
>>
>> Thanking in advance,
>>
>> jm
>>

> So whats the problem?
>

> Amos
> --
> Please be using
> Current Stable Squid 2.7.STABLE6 or 3.0.STABLE13
> Current Beta Squid 3.1.0.5

> This message has been scanned by IMSS-NIT Silchar

Thanks,
Jyotishmaan Ray
Computer Server Room,NITS
National Institute of Technology Silchar
Assam, INDIA
Pin - 788 010
Tele: 0091-3842-233179
Fax: 0091-3842-233797