[squid-users] Median response time high

From: Stig Rubinson <stig_at_rubinson.se>
Date: Sat, 28 Feb 2009 08:45:50 +0700

Hi!
This is my first mail in this group.

I have recently set up a squid cahe for a network with 96 users in a
remote area i Thailand. Our ADSL is poor and DNS servers are unreliable.

Every day I get in cache.log "Median response time is..." The value is
between 1001 and some 71 000 ms. Lots of lines.

I have set up seven different DNS servers in the squid.config. How
many can I write there, is there any limit?

Running squid 2.6 under Debian.

What can I do? Is there anything else I should check?

/stig