Re: [squid-users] acl macf1 arp mac-address

From: Amos Jeffries <squid3_at_treenet.co.nz>
Date: Mon, 02 Mar 2009 22:44:24 +1300

░▒▓ ɹɐzǝupɐɥʞ ɐzɹıɯ ▓▒░ wrote:
> if i want to use acl list rule using mac address what should i do ?
> i use/install squid using apt-get install ( ubuntu ) ( latest - and
> always do apt-get update/upgrade )
>
> can it run both ? ( IP list ACL and MAC list ACL )

1) consider *very* carefully why you want to use MAC.

2) learn about ARP and MAC and how they operate within a network.
    Particularly about how and why MAC _changes_ during a packets transfer.

4) make sure --enable-arp-acl is configured when squid was built.

It's off by default to make people do step (2) before they cause
themselves major misery. And I imaging a lot of distros leave it off for
its lack of real-network usefulness.

Amos

--
Please be using