[squid-users] CONNECT in accelerator mode

From: Claudiu Curca <alexstrasza2_at_gmail.com>
Date: Mon, 2 Mar 2009 20:05:28 +0200

Hello!

I'm in a bit of a deadlock, so all my hopes are with you.
The short version: I want to use squid as both an accelerator and as a
forward proxy which can handle CONNECT requests.

From what I've read over the net, these 2 cases are mutually
exclusive, but I decided to ask anyway, since maybe there's a
workaround or alternative method.

Basically, I configure squid to listen to TCP/80 and use apache on
TCP/81 as an origin server, but I also want it to handle CONNECT
requests to a port range on localhost (10000-10020).

In case you were wondering, here's my squid.conf file:
http://pastebin.com/fcfcd6a6
Whenever I try to connect through the proxy via CONNECT, i get the
infamous [parseHttpRequest: CONNECT not valid in accelerator mode]
error in the logs.

I tried (as it can be seen) to enable the proxy both-ways (with the
allow-direct and always_direct keywords), but it works as far as
CONNECT. There, it stops working as I expect it to.

If anyone has any thoughts on how I may overcome this problems, please do.

Thank you!