Re: [squid-users] Squid 3.1 Release Date

From: Amos Jeffries <squid3_at_treenet.co.nz>
Date: Tue, 03 Mar 2009 21:48:15 +1300

Silamael wrote:
> Francois Cami wrote:
>> On Tue, Mar 3, 2009 at 8:32 AM, Silamael <Silamael_at_coronamundi.de> wrote:
>>> Is there any date when Squid 3.1 will be official released?
>>> Thanks in advance!
>> http://wiki.squid-cache.org/ReleaseProcess#head-eea0e990c0003af12917552175691a5120980cdd
>>

> Thanks for the reply but this doesn't answer my question.
> I now that Squid 3.1 is already released in X.Y.0.z. I just wanted to
> know if there is any planned date. If you say, most likely in April,
> that's already enough. Just need an approximate date for some internal
> plannings.
>
> -- Matthias

We don't exactly date things here. With everyone working on voluntary
time its unpredictable. Though there has been a fairly regular 4-week
cycle for new X.Y.0.z beta releases.

For planning and upgrade testing, 3.1.0.6 is a fairly stable point to
begins with.

Back before we/I decided to adopt the fluid feature inclusion we had a
set of approved features for 3.1. The last of these given a guarantee of
being in 3.1 is still grinding it's way through testing (far too
slowly). I expect that will take us through March and maybe April before
3.1 gets a chance of even starting the stable waiting period.

There is also a short list of RC bugs which we consider major enough to
need fixing before we call it stable.
Many of these bugs are only confirmed to exist in 3.0. But they are
serious enough that we really NEED someone who can see them in 3.0 to
test 3.1 and confirm they are not still hiding.

Last time I had to guesstimate a timeline I said mid-year (june/july)
2009, I've seen no reason to change it for better or worse yet.

Amos

--
Please be using
   Current Beta Squid 3.1.0.5