Re: [squid-users] Squid and NTLM Authentication

From: Amos Jeffries <squid3_at_treenet.co.nz>
Date: Wed, 04 Mar 2009 13:12:06 +1300

Ryan McCain wrote:
> <dbbdfe40eac962f012c18cc3b7582856.squirrel_at_webmail.treenet.co.nz>, "Amos
> Jeffries" <squid3_at_treenet.co.nz> wrote:
>>> We are using squid-2.5.STABLE12-18.12
>>>
>> Please use a newer more capable Squid. There have been MANY improvements
>> since 2.5 was made obsolete.
>>
>> Amos
>

> The only reason we are using that version is because it's the latest version supported w/ SLES 10. Does this version or a newer version support the scenario I described?
>
> Thanks..

Ah SLES. They have actually managed to be slower than RedHat on updating
their software.

Okay, from what I can tell you're pretty much screwed. Unless you are a
guru with package building and installing on SLES, or willing to change OS.
The faster solution may be to check and change the authentication type
required by IIS.

For the record, yes the latest 2.6 and 2.7 support pass-thru for NTLM
and kerberos negotiation, one of which I believe is causing your problem.

Amos

--
Please be using
   Current Beta Squid 3.1.0.6