Re: [squid-users] URL Rewrite

From: Chris Robertson <crobertson_at_gci.net>
Date: Wed, 04 Mar 2009 13:14:43 -0900

howard chen wrote:
> Hi,
>
> On Wed, Mar 4, 2009 at 4:30 AM, Chris Robertson <crobertson_at_gci.net> wrote:
>
>> See the "forceddomain" argument to cache_peer.
>> http://www.squid-cache.org/Doc/config/cache_peer/
>>

> Is it possible to force into an URL?
>
> e.g.
>
> *.example.com/* => http://www.google.com/aboutus

I don't think that's possible with forceddomain, as it just rewrites the
domain portion of the HTTP header. I'd use a deny_info page.

acl redirect_site dstdomain .example.com
http_access deny redirect_site
deny_info http://www.google.com/aboutus redirect_site

Either the deny_info page is going to have to be served from another
domain than that which triggers the redirect, or you'll have to make
your own error page
(http://wiki.squid-cache.org/SquidFaq/SquidAcl#head-2931f707c7137629bad3cecc83d8a014c4818e0a).

Otherwise a url_rewrite_program (possibly accompanied by
url_rewrite_access) would work.
http://www.squid-cache.org/Doc/config/url_rewrite_program/,
http://www.squid-cache.org/Doc/config/url_rewrite_access/

Chris