Re: [squid-users] external acl with miss access

From: Amos Jeffries <squid3_at_treenet.co.nz>
Date: Fri, 06 Mar 2009 00:18:04 +1300

Bharath Raghavendran wrote:
> Hey,
>
> I was trying to use miss_access directive with an external acl
> I tried the following 2 configurations
>
> 1.
> miss_access allow acl_name
> miss_access deny all
>
> 2.
> miss_access allow !acl_name
> miss_access deny all
>
> where acl_name is an external acl using a helper program that always
> prints "OK".
>
> I get the same results in both the configuration (request is not
> forwarded). Does anyone know if miss_access is not meant to work with
> external acls ?

Currently mis_access is classified a "fast" ACL. Which cannot do remote
lookups of any kind.

> I was also wondering if it is possible to get response headers or
> response codes (like 200, etc) for external acls .. i tried using it
> in http_reply_access and didnt seem to work .. does anyone know this ?

This passing reply headers to external ACL has been added to 3.1. Reply
status code is not yet passed. I see no reason why it could not be
added in 3.2 if needed.

http://www.squid-cache.org/Doc/config/external_acl_type/

Amos

--