Re: [squid-users] Squid fails

From: Amos Jeffries <squid3_at_treenet.co.nz>
Date: Sun, 08 Mar 2009 16:52:29 +1300

Wilson Hernandez - f, S. A. wrote:
> Thank you Amos for your reply.
>
> I downloaded version 3.0 and here how I built it:
>
> Squid Cache: Version 3.0.STABLE12
> > configure options: '--prefix=/usr/local/squid'
> '--sysconfdir=/etc/squid'
> > '--enable-delay-pools' '--enable-kill-parent-hack' '--disable-htcp'
> > '--enable-default-err-language=Spanish' '--enable-linux-netfilter'
> > '--localstatedir=/var/log/squid'
> > '--enable-stacktraces' '--with-default-user=proxy' '--with-large-files'
>
> Amos Jeffries wrote:
>> Wilson Hernandez - MSD, S. A. wrote:
>>> Hello once again.
>>>
>>> Here's my second problem I am experiencing with squid. Squid is
>>> running normally and after a while doesn't serve any pages it gives
>>> the user an error regarding dns I don't remember exactly but, it
>>> tells the user that it timed out trying to access the ip but, that
>>> page (google.com) is being used by many as home page. I don't know
>>> why is failing with some dns errors. I try doing ping to the same
>>> address and the dns server resolves the ip.
>>>
>>> What can be causing this to happen?
>>
>> It's a DNS failure.
>>
>> For better help we will need to know:
>> * the version of squid you are using,
>> * whether or not --disable-internal-dns was used to build it,
>> * and what is the actual error page content given when things go wrong.
>>
>> Amos

Okay those look normal enough.

for further tracking try running Squid with flags "-D -d 5" and see if
you can grab what it produces on stderr during the system reboot.

  -D should stop it running DNS tests too early.
  -d 5 produces the debug before config has finished loading.

Amos

--
Please be using
   Current Beta Squid 3.1.0.6