[squid-users] Specifying the Source IP

From: Philip de Souza <pdesouza_at_itstrategists.com>
Date: Wed, 11 Mar 2009 15:47:18 -0700

Apologies in advance for what I’m sure should be an easy fix, but we’re
trying to restrict the IP address squid listens on for our reverse proxy,
web accelerator setup, which happens to reside on a server with 3 separate
fixed IPs. The other two IPs are servicing two other (locally hosted)
websites, and we just want squid to serve as a reverse proxy cache server
for another site being hosted on a separate server. We need it to listen
solely on the spare IP, so it doesn’t impede/redirect traffic coming in on
the other IPs, but we’re not clear on how to specify this. Here is what I
believe to be the relevant portion of our squid.conf:

http_port 80 accel defaultsite=www.website.com

cache_peer <XX.YY.ZZ.XX> parent 80 0 no-query originserver name=myAccel

acl our_sites dstdomain www.website.com
http_access allow our_sites
acl all src 0.0.0.0/0.0.0.0
cache_peer_access myAccel allow our_sites
cache_peer_access myAccel deny all

It works with the 0.0.0.0/0.0.0.0, but issues an ‘Access Denied’ error
whenever we try to specify the source IP within this area…

Many thanks,
Philip