[squid-users] url_rewrite_program and https (secure) sites

From: Jim <jimothy76_at_gmail.com>
Date: Thu, 12 Mar 2009 10:52:43 +0000

Hi,
I have a url_rewrite_program that will redirect users to an
accepatable use policy page if they have not agreed to it before. THis
works fine for any URL except for HTTPS requests.

My log file tells me it is being re-written to my new URL but the
browser just shows error page.

I have tried making the redirector divert to a https version of the
error page if it is a https request and a http version if a http
request but with no difference.

One thing I have noticed and not sure if related or not. If the
request is HTTPS then the only thing passed to the rewrite program for
the url is the host and port. No path, scheme (protocol) etc is
passed. I believe this is because squid only has access to the host
for HTTPS requests (because they are encrypted).

Could this be relating to my problem.

The redirector will divert to
302:http(s)www.mydomain.com/filtering/aup_handler.php if the user has
not agreed to the acceptable use policy. As I say fine for http but
can;t get it to work with https.

Can any body help?

Cheers

Jim