[squid-users] Squid approach to C10K problem

From: Roy M. <setesting001_at_gmail.com>
Date: Tue, 17 Mar 2009 01:08:10 +0800

Hi,

Just out of curious, how does squid as a single threaded server, to
handle massive amount of clients nowsday?

http://www.kegel.com/c10k.html

Especially some others (http://varnish.projects.linpro.no/) say squid
is old fashion and don't honor those approach such as epoll/kqueue
which is famous in handling many clients using minmount efforts.

But I know it is not true, I have been using Squid for years and think
squid is very efficient and fast enought to serve massive clients. So
I want to know if any hidden secrete behind?

What is you guy comments on those issues ( c10k/epool etc)

Thank you.