Re: [squid-users] squid SNMP acl

From: Chris Woodfield <rekoil_at_semihuman.com>
Date: Mon, 16 Mar 2009 20:08:53 -0400

You can use them together, but you can't bind squid to the standard
SNMP UDP/161 port if snmpd is also bound to that port.

In my setup, I have snmpd configured to proxy requests for squid's MIB
to squid, which is listening on localhost:1610:

squid.conf:
acl snmpcommunity snmp_community foobar
snmp_port 1610
snmp_access allow snmpcommunity localhost
snmp_access deny all

Then in /etc/snmpd.conf:

proxy -m /usr/local/squid/share/mib.txt -v 1 -c foobar localhost:1610 .
1.3.6.1.4.1.3495.1

This will save you from having to configure a custom port in your snmp
queries.

-C