[squid-users] How to cache all traffic?

From: Wilson Hernandez - MSD, S. A. <wh_at_msdrd.com>
Date: Sat, 21 Mar 2009 07:30:39 -0600

Hello.

I would like to know which is a safe mode to have a squid server cache
everyhing (http, mp3s, mpegs, jpgs, gifs, and so on). Since most my
users visit the same pages I would like to have a big cache and when I
need to do some network maintenance I could unplug the internet cable
and see if some user can still receive some web content from the squid
server. I don't know if that can be done but, that's just a thought.

I would like to cache everything though to at least save bandwith.

Thanks for your help.