Re: [squid-users] Squid, Symantec LiveUpdate, and HTTP 1.1 versus HTTP 1.0

From: Wong <wongbali_at_telkom.net>
Date: Fri, 27 Mar 2009 15:10:36 +0800

>> I found that Symantec LU has round robin DNS. And they can change DNS A
>> record at anytime.
>>
>> Isn't it better if Squid can bypass the domain name in squid.conf?
>> Is it possible?
>
> Squid does many DNS things and has many controls for changing how it does
> them.
>
> Correct use of DNS in stateless HTTP should not be causing any issue at
> all.
>
> Is the RR-DNS causing you problems? if so what?

Amos,

I think Symantec LU issue is not related to HTTP/1.1 as Squid support such
version (need sometime to investigate).

But if the request redirected to Squid, Symatec LU always failed. The
fastest way is excluding LU request to Squid.

May be it is OT discussion about how-to put FQDN in IPTABLES script. We need
Squid to cache and monitor HTTP usage but Symantec LU is also need to run.

Thx & Rgds,

Wong