Re: [squid-users] Re: Stale-if-error , does it work?

From: Dingwell, Robert A. <bobd_at_mitre.org>
Date: Fri, 27 Mar 2009 08:53:50 -0400

Iım using 2.7STABLE6 which is why Iım confused as to why itıs not working as
I thought it would. Are there any other headers that need to be set as
well in order for the header to be used? I guess the other question is am I
wrong in my assumption to how this is suppose to work? My assumption is that
if squid receives a stale-if-error cache directive it will cache that
response and then if there is an error contacting the origin server the the
cached response will be served up instead. Is that correct?

Below are the headers that are being emitted from the server I am testing
against.

HTTP/1.1 200 OK