[squid-users] Squid frontend gives 0 network output for seconds at the time

From: pion <kyllingpost_at_gmail.com>
Date: Fri, 27 Mar 2009 13:52:56 -0700 (PDT)

I am using squid as a frontend to my apache server on windows. With apache
network output is stable at 2 MB/s. When I put squid in front, network load
drops to 0, before it starts again, running for 4-5 seconds, then 0 again.
Clients are just waiting for a response which doesn't come in several
seconds..

I am using the example config + default config for simple web accellerator.

What am I doing wrong?