Re: [squid-users] Anyone Have Large Amounts of Public IP's?? WILL PAY :)

From: Amos Jeffries <squid3_at_treenet.co.nz>
Date: Tue, 31 Mar 2009 13:33:03 +1300

Eric Valencia wrote:
> Yes. Details please!!!
>
> On Mon, Mar 30, 2009 at 5:00 PM, Amos Jeffries <squid3_at_treenet.co.nz> wrote:
>> Yan Seiner wrote:

>>> ??? Where can I find out about this? I'm going to guess my ISP (a small,
>>> local outfit) probably has not heard of this before.
>>>
>>> --Yan
>>>
>> Look up 6to4 IPv6 prefix. Most OS can have a gateway easily enabled.
>>
>> Wikipedia has some good coverage at http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/6to4

The details are largely off-topic here. That wiki page provides some
good quality links and information you can use as a starting point for
research. There is a lot of deeper detailed content and help around the
web once you know what to look for.

This is all I can do at present, the specifics of transition are
different for every network so handing you a config is not safe until
you know what it means. The whole rest of the Internet is mid-transition
right now software and hardware alike still vary a lot in what they can
do. Read up on IPv6 transition and once you know what your IPv6 rollout
needs to look like you will know what to go forward with.

Back on topic with a blatant marketing edge:
   Squid-3.1 is the release which allows you to handle both IPv4 and
IPv6 web requests and replies. To solve the issues of HTTP access
between each of those spaces.

Amos

--
Please be using