[squid-users] Massive Squid Deployment

From: bgovoni <bgovoni_at_pgcps.org>
Date: Tue, 31 Mar 2009 10:28:52 -0700 (PDT)

Hello people, I'm having some bottlenecks on our squid deployement and I was
wondering if anyone had any recommendations because I'm near out of ideas.
Would someone change my architecture or does anyone have any experience with
a squid deployment of this size? Basically we are pushing 600mb at 240,000k
connections. When we reach speeds on our around that that number, we start
seeing slow performance and getting alot of page timeouts. We are running 20
squid 2.6 boxes running dsr behind a single foundry gte load balancer. I
recently had 18 squid boxes and thought we had a squid bottleneck but no
change. I was kinda leaning in the direction of splitting it in half and
doing multiple load balancers. Does anyone have any experience pushing this
much traffic?