[squid-users] re: Squid, Symantec LiveUpdate, and HTTP 1.1 versus HTTP 1.0

From: Nathan Eady <galionlibrary_at_gmail.com>
Date: Tue, 31 Mar 2009 15:02:28 -0400

Incidentally, Symantec has now issued a fix for this, which changes
the behavior of the LiveUpdate client so that it will accept the
HTTP/1.0 responses that the proxy generates.

Just in case anyone finds the archives of this thread while searching
for a solution to the problem, I will include a link here (even though
it's not strictly relevant to the operation of Squid itself):
http://www.symantec.com/norton/support/kb/web_view.jsp?wv_type=public_web&docurl=20090320152130EN

I've tested this, and with the fix applied LiveUpdate once again works
through our Squid proxy.

Ultimately, long-term, any software that implements either side of
HTTP ought to fully support HTTP 1.1. But for now LiveUpdate is
working.

--