[squid-users] Squid ntlm-auth BH (broken helper)

From: JingleBinkie <marc.roelofs_at_pharmapartners.nl>
Date: Wed, 1 Apr 2009 12:49:32 -0700 (PDT)

Hello
I'm trying to have squid authenticate my users to Active Directory , I've
Followed the instructions on
http://wiki.squid-cache.org/ConfigExamples/Authenticate/WindowsActiveDirectory
Addes linux box to domain was successfull , samba is working with the config
mentioned in the link above

But I am getting errors when testing stuff.

Testing with an AD-user
pproxy:/var/log/samba # wbinfo -a my-somain\\user%password
plaintext password authentication succeeded
challenge/response password authentication succeeded
Seems to bee working for the winbind part so AD connectivity works

But when testing the squid helper protocol with the same credentials:
pproxy:/var/log/samba # /usr/bin/ntlm_auth
--helper-protocol=squid-2.5-ntlmssp
user password
[2009/04/01 21:38:33, 1] utils/ntlm_auth.c:manage_squid_ntlmssp_request(750)
BH

Keeps failing for the squid part, I read somewhere that BH means broken
helper .

My main purpose in this fase is having a domain authenticated user access a
IIS website with integrated authentication through squid. As far as is can
see when ntml-auth works there should not be a popup for windows credentials
, but i still get it.

This is my first time posting here , so if configs/logging are nessecary
i'll be happy to provide them.
Just holding them back for now to keep this posting slim antd to the point
by not adding too much config info that probably isn't relevant.

Who could point me in the right direction ?